Basic System Requirements
We develop all our software to work with virtually every single web server environment on Earth (UNIX (every flavour), Windows NT/2000, and more). We're confident you can run the software on your website, but if you want to make sure, here are the system requirements:
- Website | The software is installed on the actual computer that hosts your website, which can be a dedicated server, shared server or virtual server. You can access the software from any PC using a web browser.
- Perl 5.004+ | Your web server must have Perl 5.004 or better. Your network administrator can download the latest version of Perl from http://www.perl.com/. Perl is extremely common though, and installed on virtually every webserver on Earth.
- CGI Access | Your website must be configured to run Perl/CGI scripts.
- Server-Side Includes (SSI) | Your web server must be setup to allow server-side includes (SSI).
- FTP Access | You will be transferring files from your local computer to your website, so you will need some kind of "File Transfer Protocol" software.
- Write Access | You must be able to make files and directories writable on your web server. If the software doesn't have write access it won't be able to update its data files.
- Sendmail/SMTP | Required for optional email notification functionality.
If you're not sure whether your web server meets the listed requirements, contact us at (800)567-6727 ext 23 for assistance.